21.8.06

Why Shed on Shedd?

Shed on Shedd is a blog dedicated to charting my journey through the writings of W.G.T. Shedd, 19thC American theologian par excellence. What shape this chart will take is uncertain. Whether I plot my course thought by thought, or whether I publish papers and essays, I hope that this blog will become a window into the life and mind of Shedd.

I recently spent time reading selected writings of another great American theologian, B.B. Warfield. Part of this reading and study included thinking about the theology of history. How have Christian theologians understood history? How did it begin? How will it end? How can we know these things?

Over the next 10 months I will have opportunity to consider these questions again through reading the works of Shedd. Apparently, Shedd contributed some fascinating ideas to theological discussion. I hope to explore these as fully as possible, with help from other theological thinkers and students.

1 Comments:

Blogger C G said...

Looking forward to it!

6:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home